I tucked Easton in last night UNDER his covers. But he has never been a fan of making his bed in the morning. On occasion he will make his bed after I leave his room at night and sleep on TOP of the covers….with his head at the foot of the bed. It’s adorable. (me: I hope he got enough sleep)
Today is your big day buddy… (me: Oh Lord please let him love school. And let there be no bullies. And please keep him safe. Did I teach him enough? Did we pray enough? and on and on and on until I want to throw up…..)
- Are you sure you want to ride the bus?
- What if the bus driver drives erratically?
- What if the people around the bus drive erratically?
- What if I drive erratically trying to catch up to the bus?
- What if the rain makes for hazardous driving conditions?
- What if I am putting him on the wrong bus?
- What is the bus driver is crazy?
- What if someone really DOES call him “freckle face” (his biggest concern)
- YOU ARE NOT BIG ENOUGH TO GO ALONE…..
- etc., etc. with other crazy thoughts)
“Look Mrs. McIntyre…. a ‘teacher bucket’ “. (me: we all know its a brown nosing bucket. See the post here)
“Ava…. where is Easton? Where is the bus?” (me: her outfit sure is cute. I wish I looked that good in skinny jeans. and where is the bus? is the bus late? reverting back to concerns when he got on the bus this morning.)
Mom is proud. He loved it.