Anyone who knows me knows I am obsessed with 2 things… painting and glitter.
So it’s only fitting that I have made glittered ornaments from paint brushes to use as gifts and put on our tree!
*This post contains a few affiliate links for your shopping convenience. All purchases help fund my DIY and glitter projects. Thank you!
These are the cutest, cheapest little fun things to make!
These glittered ornaments require very little in supplies. You need:
- cheap chip brushes like the ones shown above
- a foam brush or other brush to apply the paint with
- metallic paint (my secret is that I use metallic paint to hold the glitter on)I. use Modern Masters Silver and Modern Masters Olympic Gold often, but there are other fun shades too – just look on Amazon
- And glitter. See a ton of fun glitter options from Hobby Lobby here.
- Some fun jewelry or ribbon or fur!
You can totally watch my 9 year old daughter Ava Grace and I make these on this Facebook LIVE video.
And because I know you will ask, you can get a “Gangster Wrapper” tshirt similar to mine right here.
My favorite glittered ornaments are the ones that look like they are wearing the little “wine furs” that you put on wine bottles. Adore!
But I always keep old greenery and other picks so that I have options like this one too. As you saw in the video, it’s fun to dip the brushes in paint for an added creative twist on the project.
Would love to see if you end up making any glittered ornaments from paint brushes? Email me if you do at [email protected]
And I have a pin for you below to save this project for next year!
Can’t get enough glittered ornaments? I have more glitter projects for you! I’ve glittered the faux deer head for Christmas, I’ve glittered ice skates as winter decor, I’ve glittered this vintage book wreath and I’ve glittered pumpkins . Plus, I also have a new video on how to do a glitter wall finish in your home for an accent wall!