Years ago, I was roommates with my best friend Rachel and her husband John. John is Puerto Rican and would whip up the tastiest dishes. I loved it!!! They also made THE MOST AMAZING potato salad. I have an aversion to mustard… and they made theirs with mayo. SCORE!
So Jason has now made the Puerto Rican potato salad recipe for me ever since. It has ham and green olives as its essential ingredients. So, if you’re gonna cut those ingredients out, don’t even bother! lol. But if you’re somebody who’s not a huge fan of mustard, this is literally the best potato salad on the planet.
And friends, this is another one where we eyeball the ingredients, but we have our best guess at the measurements below!
- 1 green pepper
- 1 small Vidalia onion
- 4-6 boiled eggs Choose based on how "egg-y" you like it! 🙂
- 3-4 lbs cooked yellow potatoes These are my favorite!
- 1/2 jar sliced green olives
- 1-2 cups chopped ham
- REAL Mayonnaise
- Boil your yellow potatoes until soft and let them cool.
- Chop the potatoes and combine with the chopped ham.
- Chop your boiled eggs, green pepper, and onion.
- Mix potatoes, ham, boiled eggs, green pepper, onion, and green olives in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper!
- Add REAL mayonnaise (as much as you like!).
- Mix all ingredients and add additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Transfer to a serving dish and enjoy!
If you try this one, I would LOVE it if you would tag me on Facebook! Enjoy, my friend!!!!
Jennifer & Mr. Magic
Here’s a pin graphic if you wanna save to your Pinterest board!
Jennifer I have 2 questions #1 how do you get you potatoes cut so small? #2 the thingy you used to cut your onions do you like it and how big do they cut the onion pieces?